Jun.28.2022, Shanghai ------ IDC, the leading global provider of market intelligence, today names the 10 most innovative projects in the Asia Pacific. The list is nominated for the IDC Supply Chain Technology Leaders Recognition Program, this program celebrates outstanding achievements in the integration and digital transformation of physical, informational, and financial flows between organizations, creating interdependencies that increase performance and customer engagement, and support environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG).
The winning projects of the Supply Chain Technology Leaders across four categories:
Supply Chain Operations Transformation
- “Connected Network” by Western Digital – A Digital Twin that generated a cost-saving opportunity of USD 4.4 million and helped reduce delivery lead time by 2 to 5 days through shipping direct to end-customers.
- “Theory of Constraints (TOC) Implementation” by Prism Johnson Limited – Identifies system constraints, decides on how to exploit these constraints, maximizes throughput, elevates the system constraints, and prepares the organization’s ongoing process improvements.
- “Supply Chain Control Tower” by LCFC (Hefei) Electronics Technology (LCFC) (Lenovo) – An intelligent operation center that integrates all the digital systems. It provides LCFC with E2E data visibility and visual management, an alert and event management mechanism, and intelligent analysis and simulation.
Supply Chain Orchestration
- “Digital Supply Chain Enabled by the JDM Business Model” by Inspur Electronic Information Industry Co., Ltd. – A Digital Supply Chain Enabled by the JDM Business Model that has helped by increasing delivery efficiency by 40%, eliminating delivery risk for 150,000 units, achieving over 15% revenue growth, and rising from third to second in the world for server shipments.
- “Lenovo Supply Chain Intelligence (SCI)” by Lenovo – A Lenovo self-designed product for the Asia Pacific region. SCI uses machine learning and AI technology to analyze and propose solutions to reach autonomous control of daily supply chain operations.
- “LCFC Supplier Collaboration Platform” by LCFC (Hefei) Electronics Technology (LCFC) (Lenovo) – A cloud-based LCFC Supplier Collaboration Platform that connects nearly 400 global suppliers, visualizes inventory, helps improve the suppliers’ order fulfillment rate, and has reduced inventory costs by nearly USD 1 Million.
- “Goose” by MYbank Co., Ltd. – A set of digital supply chain financial service solutions that has cooperated with more than 600 brands, covering over 20 industries. For SMEs, the average loan availability rate has reached 80% from 30%. The efficiency of financial personnel managing stores has increased by 100 times.
Sustainable Supply Chain
- “Building a Deforestation Free Palm Oil Supply Chain” by Unilever – Unilever has partnered with Google Cloud to use cloud computing, satellite imagery, and AI, to build a more holistic view of the forests, water cycles, and biodiversity that intersect its supply chain. This technology supports Unilever's goal of achieving a deforestation-free supply chain by 2023.
- “Lenovo Green Supply Chain Data Management Platform (GSCDM)” by Lenovo – A platform that has improved the effectiveness of Lenovo's green supply chain management, reduced testing and certification costs, and lowered the risk of enterprise green supply chain issues.
Supply Chain Innovation
- “Connected Network” by Western Digital - "Western Digital was selected for the Supply Chain Innovation category for its innovative use of digital twin technologies that integrate its supply chain network data to perform analyses and support decisions that have had a tangible impact on lead times and costs, as well as supporting continuous innovation for future initiatives," says Krishnan.
Distinguished winning organizations will get complimentary access to IDC’s research and advisory services for the Asia/Pacific Supply Chain Report Series. The subscription access gives technology leaders and other Line of Business (LOB) leaders the guidance and confidence to successfully navigate these exciting and challenging times in the digital economy.
For more information about the IDC Supply Chain Technology Leaders Recognition Program and our IDC supply chain practice, visit IDC Supply Chain website: https://www.idc.com/ap/supply-chain
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. With more than 1,300 analysts worldwide, IDC offers global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. IDC's analysis and insight helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based technology decisions and to achieve their key business objectives. Founded in 1964, IDC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world's leading tech media, data and marketing services company. To learn more about IDC, please visit www.idc.com. Follow IDC on Twitter at @IDCAP and LinkedIn. Subscribe to the IDC Blog for industry news and insights.