The fund has received commitments from a diverse range of returning and new institutional investors from around the world, including pension funds, insurance companies and sovereign wealth funds. The fund has already successfully committed more than $US2.4 billion, with an additional $US3.0 billion in co-investments, across seven locally-sourced investments, including:
- Bohao Internet Data Services Limited (Bohao): Hyperscale Internet data centre developer and operator in China
- Metcold Supply Networks II Limited (MSN2): Modern cold and dry storage logistics platform in China
- Vocus Group Limited (Vocus): Specialist fibre and network solutions provider in Australia
- Bingo Industries Limited (Bingo): Vertically integrated Australian recycling and waste management business
- Summit Energy Alliance Limited (SEAL): Consolidation holding company in the Korean renewable energy sector, with two solar platform investments made to date
- Two Degrees Group Limited (2degrees): Full-service telecommunications network provider in New Zealand, merged with Vocus NZ
- Bersama Digital Infrastructure: Southeast Asian regional digital infrastructure platform with a majority stake in Tower Bersama Infrastructure, a leading independent telecommunication towers business in Indonesia
“Leveraging our local relationships and experience in managing funds in Asia-Pacific, we remain focused on identifying proprietary investment opportunities through our own network for our clients,” said Verena Lim, Head of Investments for the Macquarie Asia-Pacific Infrastructure Fund series. “While the markets within this region are truly diverse, the investable landscape has broadened materially as we see some common themes driving new opportunities, including digitisation, decarbonisation and sustainability. More importantly, the positive long-term outlook for the region will continue to drive demand for high-quality infrastructure.”
Macquarie is a global financial services group with Australian heritage, operating in 33 markets in asset management, retail and business banking, wealth management, leasing and asset financing, market access, commodity trading, renewables development, specialist advisory, capital raising and principal investment.
The diversity of operations, combined with a strong capital position and robust risk management framework, has contributed to 53-year record of unbroken profitability.